2019 trends for Corporate Video Production
Corporate video production is increasingly popular, that’s no doubt. Many business executives are starting to consider the use of corporate videos as a necessity in their marketing plan to run daily operations. In a recent study by Forbes, it was found that 75% of business executives view work-related videos instead of sticking with paper and webinars to reach the target audience.
Corporate video production is used for a large magnitude of purposes and is usually scripted. These purposes extend to marketing, sales, products and services, conventions, corporate communication, and also training and education. The most familiar type of corporate video production is the ‘company brand video,’ which showcases the company’s executive team and introduces the people in-charge.
Corporate video production usually goes through a three-step process which includes:
- Live-action (filming)
Pre-production begins at brainstorming an idea or concept to drawing a budget then finally writing a script. Often, when a voiceover is required, it is recorded before going into production.
Live-action or the filming process involves putting the idea on paper into motion. This usually requires that the project manager set up shoot locations, hire professional talents, cameras, and lightening professionals.
After the Corporate video is produced, the post-production stage includes all editing required, finishing touches, and additional on-screen graphics and sound design.
Popular Styles for Corporate Video Production in Singapore
Testimonial Corporate video production
These testimonial videos are usually used to build trust with the consumer and bring to light the personality of the business. Business testimonial videos let the business executives go behind the scenes and talk about the history of the company and bring to light the brand’s unique personality.
Animated Corporate video production
There is a common misinterpretation that animated videos are for children or adults who behave like children. To set the record straight, yes, it is true that kids love cartoons, and kids are the target audience for Disney Channel, but the medium of animation is not confined to kids. Animated corporate video is really an excellent tool for businesses to explain complex ideas, tools, and services.
Live-Action corporate video production
Live-Action is suitable for businesses that have a tangible product they want to share with the world. Unlike the Testimonial video style, live-action usually tells a fictional story or exhibit a common scenario encompassing a product.
A corporate recruiting video is an excellent way to uplift your company’s brand and present the company culture and also encourage willing candidates to apply. Corporate recruiting videos are made to give possible employees a taste of what the company is about and achieve career goals.
This Corporate video production can be pioneered by the executive team, departmental managers, or human resources better still anyone that wants to clearly communicate the company’s policies and procedures clearly and directly.
New Trends in Corporate Video Production in Singapore in 2019
In 2018, Industry experts predicted that video would comprise a whopping 84% of all internet traffic in 2019. The following are new 2019 trends in Corporate video production in Singapore:
Aerial Footage Drones
Companies and industries with extensive facilities, multiple properties who want to showcase their facilities, products would have to use drone videos to accomplish that goal. These drones are programmed to fly over the company’s properties, making videos that give an aerial view of these facilities. Video producers are hugely investing in drones and other pieces of equipment that come with it. Being skilled as a drone videographer will scale in 2019 as companies are also hiring videographers who are technically sound and can maximize the use of these drones.
One-off to Episodic Corporate Videos
Increasingly, more companies now make videos as an ongoing strategy for internal communication, sales, content marketing, and updates every month.
Video Production Company to Video Content Agency
Pre-production, live-action, and post-production are processes typically observed by video production companies. Their work is to create the video and give the end-product to the video content agency whose characteristics are to strategize, give insight, creativity, preproduction, filming, postproduction, distribution, optimization, and analysis. Video content agency takes the content into social media like Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, WordPress, LinkedIn, Tumbler, blogs, etc. video content agencies and social media influencers are the new norms of 2019.
DIY (Do It Yourself)
DIY videos are the new trends in 2019: Do it yourself videos have come to change the video marketing on the internet, whether it is original or directions on how to build. Watching and learning by yourself without having to go anywhere has increased video marketing and its efficiencies. You can now make your corporate videos for yourself to suit what you need.
Live streaming videos across multiple platforms
Going live is now a new trend on all social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and recently Youtube. In a vertical mobile video format, companies love the idea of giving appropriate content and discussing it with viewers in real-time. The world we live in now is a ‘live-feed world.’ Marketers use it wisely to get an advantage over their competition by engaging their customers in new and creative ways. Companies also take advantage of this live-feed to conduct interviews, questions, and answers and also tour the products live. These out of many reasons is what live video trends and increases publicity.
The popularity of 360-degree videos
We have all seen online clips that display videos from different directions using the camera. The trend of 360-degree videos is increasing at a very high rate and has a good market value. 360-degree videos are very different from other videos as they have shown themselves to be unique, and their marketing value will continue to grow. These videos are brilliant ways to make your audience members have a unique feeling that you are trying to portray and give them a taste of a particular experience. 360-degree videos are excellent for travels-centric countries.
This is a growing trend for many individuals/companies. In 2019, it has become the mainstream and very accessible by many countries. The demand for corporate video production is no more limited to a specific industry like gaming or extreme sport. People are drawn to virtual reality videos. This makes companies introduce this new trend of video production in their marketing activities. Virtual reality has been adopted by the market and has a lot of impressive features and gained an experiential growth in 2019.
Types of video production styles
Online videos are widely popular, with millions of people watching different videos on different social media sites. YouTube records about 6 billion hours of viewing per month, with an average of 40 minutes of viewing per session per person.
Videos don’t just tell a message; they show the meaning of the message more clearly and straightforwardly. Productive videos cut through technology, sending messages as a form of entertainment. Videos use the senses of light and sound to captivate and convey information.
Complex ideas work very well with online video.
Do you think educational videos will get so much attention and success if published as a magazine article? Of course not, videos have the ability to hook viewers and engage them creatively.
- Educational videos: They are as great as teaching and learning tools. It has been proven that communication with visuals and sound will simultaneously improve comprehension and retention of new information.
- Promotional videos are now very popular with the widespread use of fast wireless internet, mobile devices, and businesses who use videos for marketing. These videos are usually short-length, passing credible information, and engaging at the same time. Promotional videos target specific viewers and attend to their needs with the art of persuasion and rapport.
- Informational videos are the most straightforward types of videos. These videos are short, cut, and dry delivered as compact as possible. Journalism is the best example of informational videos.
- Documentary videos are non-fictional videos intended to document reality for the purpose of education, instruction, and maintaining a historical record. Documentaries are a mixture of information and entertainment and are very popular.
- Entertainment videos are simply for entertainment sake. Entertainment videos vary in genre, purpose and scope.
- Explainer videos: Explainer videos are short online marketing videos that are used to make explanations about your company’s services and products. Explainer videos are mostly placed on the first page, which is your website’s home page. These videos have become so accessible to the extent that some sites boast of their conversion rates to be increased by as much as 144% when the explainer video has been put on their website.
Checklist of what you need to approve of a Good Corporate Videographer
- A good planner: A corporate videographer should understand the concept of planning, putting every effort into assuring that the preproduction process is executed efficiently.
- Reliable: Reliability contributes to the overall statistics of a corporate videographer. Videographers, animators and creative photographers must be reliable and able to deliver on agreed quality.
- Creativity: Creativity is the soul-food of corporate videography. A corporate videographer must be fast, efficient and effective as this is the key factor brand and companies are looking for in their work samples and history.
- Engagement: The essence of video production is to engage the audience more than writing an article would. Videography passes information in the most subtle and briefest manner. If a videographer’s work is not engaging, it is not a good fit for brands and companies.
- Proven Track Record: Work history helps the employee to highlight the videographer’s style and evaluate their creativity. It is very important that every videographer keep track of their work records.
- Company’s Culture or Style: Your brand’s style is another basic factor that should be considered when you are selecting your videographer. Using their work history, you can evaluate if their style would fit into, or properly translate your company’s culture.